If you want to constantly monitor Internet connection logs on your windows computer, this command will save you a lot of time and headache. You can create a log file which will help you to troubleshoot connection problems or you can send them to your Internet connection provider to understand the problem.
- Click on Start Menu, search for command prompt or write “CMD” in the Start menu search box.
- Before opening the Command Prompt, you should make sure to run it as an administrator. Right click on the command prompt icon in the start menu.
- Click on the option run as administrator.
- Now you need to type this command in order to generate a log.txt file.
- This command will generate a file in your current directory, which in my case is C:\users\Azib.
- You can change directory to something other by using this command “CD directory path”. Let’s say you want to save this log file to your C drive root folder. So you will type the command “CD C:\”.
- Go to C Drive from “my computer” or “This PC” folder depends on the Windows OS version you are using.
- Find the folder “users” and then “azib” and you will find the log.txt file.
ping -t comcast.net > log.txt
Leave it running this command in command prompt as long as you want to capture the logs. When you are done close command prompt and delete the log file.