If you want to constantly monitor Internet connection logs on your windows computer, this command will save you a lot of time and headache. You can create a log file which will help you to troubleshoot connection problems or you can send them to your Internet connection provider to understand the problem.
- Click on Start Menu, search for command prompt or write “CMD” in the Start menu search box.
- Before opening the Command Prompt, you should make sure to run it as an administrator. Right click on the command prompt icon in the start menu.
- Click on the option run as administrator.
- Now you need to type this command in order to generate a log.txt file.
ping -t comcast.net > log.txt
- This command will generate a file in your current directory, which in my case is C:\users\Azib.
- You can change directory to something other by using this command “CD directory path”. Let’s say you want to save this log file to your C drive root folder. So you will type the command “CD C:\”.
- Go to C Drive from “my computer” or “This PC” folder depends on the Windows OS version you are using.
- Find the folder “users” and then “azib” and you will find the log.txt file.
Leave it running this command in command prompt as long as you want to capture the logs. When you are done close command prompt and delete the log file.