If you are looking for a way to easily tune your guitar then you come to the right place. I am sharing here different ways which you can use to tune your guitar without spending any money on expensive guitar tuners.
This APTUNER software is very useful for every guitarist who is looking for a way to tune the guitar. Whether you are using electric guitar or Acoustic it doesn’t matter. APTUNER works for both.
You just need to download this software from their official website and it’s free of cost.
If you have an Electric guitar then plug your guitar in the line-in port of your PC.
Select a tuning option whether you want to drop down tuning or Simple E guitar tuning.
Pluck one string step by step starts with Higher E (thick one) without pressing any note on your fretboard.
Now, See at the screen of your APTUNER. It frequently changing notes on the meter.
Pick your tuning key at the end of your fretboard.
Tune it until you find the note E on your meter of APTUNER.
Now take a meter reading to the level of 0 Which is in center of tuning meter.
Pluck second string like above E String until you find A note on your meter. Now tune all strings like this.
If you have an Acoustic guitar without any sound equalizer or built-in Mic. You just need to change the settings of APTUNER Go To Recoding > Windows Recording Control > Tick on the built-in mic of your PC.
Now you can easily tune your guitar by mic the same procedure as above.
When I wrote this article, smartphones weren’t a thing. However, I am updating this article after years so I thought why not share some other smartphone applications for both Android and iOS devices.
iOS Apps to Tune Your Guitar
Here are the top 5 guitar tuner apps which you can use on an iOS device such as iPhone, or iPad.
- GuitarTuna: This is not just a guitar tuner: we’ve got +100 tunings for 15 instruments! It’s fast, accurate and easy to use. GuitarTuna has been downloaded over 80 million times, which makes it the most downloaded tuning app in the world.
- Guitar Tuner – Ukulele & Bass: DoubleTune is an advanced tuning app created by professional musicians. It’s suitable for tuning a range of string musical instruments, learning new chords and refreshing your memory of already-learned ones. Competitive educational games are equally useful for beginners and mastered guitar players. One way or another, DoubleTune is a must-have app for any musician.
- Fender Tune – Guitar Tuner: Fender Tune is the 5-star rated, easy-to-use, super-accurate tuner app for guitar, bass & ukulele from Fender®.
- Tuner Lite by Piascore: “Tuner Lite by Piascore” is a chromatic instrument tuner and pitch pipe that allows you to quickly and accurately tune your instrument using the built-in mic in your iPhone or iPad.
- Guitar Tuner Easy tune chords: CoachTuner is a FREE chromatic instrument tuner that allows you to quickly tune your guitar, bass and ukulele using the built-in mic of your iPhone/iPad/iPod. CoachTuner can tune acoustic or electric guitar, bass, ukulele. It’s easy to use for beginners and it’s Free.
Android Apps to Tune Your Guitar
Here are some very useful Android apps that you can use on your Android-based tablet or phone.
- Boss Tuner: The BOSS Tuner app brings BOSS’s trusted and world-renowned chromatic tuning technology to Android mobile devices. Available as a free download, the convenient app features the familiar look and intuitive display style of the best-selling TU-3 / TU-3W pedal tuner. Using the mic in your Android device, you can tune a guitar, bass and other instruments like violin, cello, brass, etc.
- Chromatic Guitar Tuner: Chromatic Guitar Tuner is a fast, accurate and easy-to-use app offering pro level of tuning precision!
- Cifra Club Tuner: Just play a note of your instrument to tune it anywhere using your smartphone or tablet!
To tune your string instruments, such as acoustic guitar, guitar, bass, and cavaquinho, follow the on-screen pointer and look at the note and frequency that are closest to the played string.
- DaTuner: DaTuner is an all-purpose, precise and responsive chromatic tuner app for Android with a simple interface. Rather than focusing on fancy graphics assets, we made it fast and easy to use!
- Fender Guitar Tuner: The updated Tune app comes with an all-in-one Player Pack practice kit, featuring chords, scales, built-in beats, advanced tuning capabilities and a metronome, all available for in-app purchase!
I hope you find this article useful. If you use SoundCloud then you can check out this tutorial to download songs from SoundCloud to your Android phone.